We are Planted and we have big things in store – and for that we need YOU!
After years of research, Planted was founded in July 2019 as a spin-off from ETH Zurich. Our revolutionary plan will make the world a better place. We structure meats from plants that is no way inferior to animal meat, scores with unique taste, and authentic texture, and is miles ahead in terms of sustainability and health!
Planted is more than a delicious product - it's also an attitude. We want to radically change the way meat is perceived and consumed and inspire a shift from eating animal proteins to eating plant proteins.
We bring about change. Not just because we can. Because we have to. Are you hungry for change too? Then join our «Tasty Revolution»!
- You manage the interface between production, R&D, and engineering
- You build, manage and coach a team of process engineers and packaging specialists
- You allocate the process engineering resources to the various projects, tasks, and trials
- You represent production throughout the innovation process and, in collaboration with R&D, account for the upscaling of new products in-house and at Co-Manufacturers
- You design processes and layouts for new and existing products for various production sites
- You actively drive optimisation, automatisation and digitalisation of production processes
- You define requirements and evaluate new processing equipment and prototypes
- You develop, engineer, and test new processing hardware in collaboration with stake-holders
- You manage ramp-ups
- You administer the budget and spendings on equipment.
- You take part in shaping the strategy for our future manufacturing setup together with operations and engineering
- have a University/Applied science Master’s degree in Food Science, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or similar
- have at least 5 years of work experience and a strong track record as Project Engineer, Process Engineer, or Head of Production in industrial food production
- have an excellent knowledge of manufacturing and packaging processes of meat products, meat alternatives, or convenience food
- have proven leadership and teamworking skills
- are experienced in factory setup, scale-up, process design, evaluation and acquisition of food processing equipment, managing line ramp-ups
- bring knowledge of lean manufacturing methods and tools, TQM Systems or lean six sigma
- are enthusiastic about working with plant-based meat, food, and processing equipment in general
- are a creative and visionary person with a problem-solving attitude and a hands-on mentality
- are fluent in German and English, good French skills
- have a valid work permit for Switzerland and the willingness to work internationally partially
Please note that we only consider applications that reach us directly through our career platform. If you have any questions, Joël from Team Talent & Culture is happy to help you out: firstname.lastname@example.org