We are Planted. After years of research, founded in July 2019 as a spin-off from ETH Zurich, it is our very aim to make the world better. With a revolutionary plan: Meat from plants.
Planted is more than a delicious product – it’s also an attitude. We want to radically change the way people consume and perceive meat. And to trigger a switch from eating animal- to plant-based proteins.
We are making a change. Not only because we can. But because we have to. Do you want to be a part of it? As Lead Design Engineering you will bridge the gap between traditional engineering, material functions and design. You will closely work with science and product development to translate novel processing insights and needs into machines and parts. Ensuring that form follows function and striving for the smartest designs, you accelerate new innovations from science to market.
- Create visions and novel design concepts for new machines and machine parts for the production of plant-based meat
- Make models and prototypes (real and virtual) to rapidly test new processing technologies
- Identify critical process-structure-material property relationships and link those to the design of the machine/process
- Validate designs and prototypes and create final products that are used in a food production environment
- Update products throughout their life ("cradle to grave" engineering)
- Estimate cost limits and budgets for new prototypes and designs
- Push new cutting-edge research and technologies by closely collaborating with universities
- Lead, build and inspire a team of highly skilled engineers
- are a self-driven person with a higher education (Master’s or PhD degree) in Mechanical-/Process-/Material- or Design Engineering.
- bring working experience and a strong track-record in designing new machines and parts using CAD; sensor, programming and controls skills are a plus
- are genuinely seeking smart and intuitive designs that cater a costumers' real needs
- have proven leadership and team working skills.
- have a strong track record on design, functionality and user experience
- are a highly creative and solution-oriented
- have a good knowledge of “soft materials” processing and material functions. Simulation experience in fluid dynamics (e.g. CFD), heat transfer and solid mechanics is a plus.
- are an experienced project manager with outstanding analytical skills
- are visionary for the future of food.
- have excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and German and target group-oriented communication at all levels.
- have a valid work permit for Switzerland.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.