We are Planted. After years of research, founded in July 2019 as a spin-off from ETH Zurich, it is our very aim to make the world better. With a revolutionary plan: Meat from plants.
Planted is more than a delicious product – it’s also an attitude. We want to radically change the way people consume and perceive meat. And to trigger a switch from eating animal- to plant-based proteins.
We are making a change. Not only because we can. But because we have to.
As our Business Development Executive, you’ll spearhead the launch into the UK market with us, focusing on and managing our market growth specifically within the city of London and all its wonderful outlets. You will initially spend your time prospecting small groups and individual OOH (out of home) outlets within London and surrounding areas. Creating a strong network across the capital, securing distribution agreements, and then going on to deliver world class customer service to take our reach from zero restaurants in London to being on every relevant menu!
- Establish new business, actively and positively participate in trade exhibitions, conferences and customer meetings. Identify and acquire potential partners to drive our expansion / new growth across London.
- Secure listings & distribution agreements with small groups and individual OOH (out of home) outlets within London and surrounding areas.
- Work closely with the Country Manager and Business Development Manager (BDM) to maximise sales and profitability through negotiation of appropriate terms.
- Work closely with BDM to provide monthly/weekly forecasting and monthly performance reporting.
- Ensure any new business is managed impeccably from order to delivery working closely with HQ and our logistics teams.
- Build and manage contact matrix.
- Set up win-win business relationships by focusing on smart sales that favour our brand and great tasting-eating experiences for consumers.
- Continuously contribute to Planted’s quantitative and qualitative feedback culture by tracking customer needs and product applications in the UK and sharing with global HQ.
- Ideally living in London or surrounding area.
- Self-driven, go-getter with 2 years or more work experience in Business Development / Sales.
- Knowledge of UK food & beverage industry, preferable with existing network and experience in foodservice / OOH but not essential.
- Enthusiastic about working with plant-based meat and food in general
- A team-player and responsibility-taker with an entrepreneurial mindset and a high level of independence.
- Able to manage and organise multiple projects.
- Very energetic, quick-thinker, solution-oriented.
- Able to excite, easily establish and maintain relationships and connections.
- Fluent in English, any additional language a plus.
- Allowed to work in UK (valid work permit).
- Full Driving Licence.
If you have any questions, please contact Joel Zünd, HR Manager (email@example.com).