We are Planted. After years of research, founded in July 2019 as a spin-off from ETH Zurich, it is our very aim to make the world better. With a revolutionary plan: Meat from plants.
Planted is more than a delicious product – it’s also an attitude. We want to radically change the way people consume and perceive meat. And to trigger a switch from eating animal- to plant-based proteins.
We are making a change. Not only because we can. But because we have to.
As our Business Development Manager OOH & RTM, you’ll spearhead the launch into the UK market with us, focusing on and managing our market growth specifically within the out of home (OOH) and Route to Market (RTM) channels. You will initially spend your time creating a strong network across the UK, securing distribution agreements and then go on to manage these accounts taking them from zero revenue to millions!
- Establish new business, actively and positively participate in trade exhibitions, conferences, and customer meetings. Identify and acquire potential partners to drive our expansion / new growth across the UK.
- Gain deep understanding of the UK marketplace, our ideal customers and how they relate to our products.
- Secure listings distribution agreements with all major out of home (OOH) chains and Foodservice providers in the UK that fit our brand strategy.
- Maximise sales and profitability through negotiation of appropriate terms, creating an annual promotional plan & executing trade marketing activities to generate brand awareness and ROS.
- Full P & L management, weekly forecasting and monthly performance reporting.
- Build and manage contact matrix.
- Perform ROI analysis on promotions in a timely manner and course correct annual plan if necessary to hit required targets.
- Set up win-win business relationships by focusing on smart sales that favour our brand and great tasting-eating experiences for consumers.
- Continuously contribute to Planted’s quantitative and qualitative feedback culture by tracking customer needs and product applications in the UK and sharing with global HQ.
- Ideally living in London or surrounding area, with experience in a similar role in business development and account management in the UK.
- Strong commercial acumen with previous direct account and P & L management experience.
- Self-driven, go-getter with 5 years or more work experience in sales.
- In-depth knowledge of UK food & beverage industry, preferable with existing network and experience in foodservice / OOH but not essential.
- Enthusiastic about working with plant-based meat and food in general
- A team-player and responsibility-taker with an entrepreneurial mindset and a high level of independence.
- Able to manage and organise multiple projects.
- Very energetic, quick-thinker, solution-oriented.
- Able to excite, easily establish and maintain relationships and connections.
- Fluent in English, any additional language a plus.
- Allowed to work in UK (valid work permit).
- Full Driving Licence.
If you have any questions, please contact Joel Zünd, HR Manager (email@example.com).